29 of the Top Trucking Companies for 2017 According to Inbound Logistics
Thursday, Oct 5 2017 Staff Writer
Every year, Inbound Logistics comes out with the Top 100 Motor Carriers list. This includes trucking companies that vary in their capabilities. Some of the trucking companies are new to the industry while others have been established for decades. The companies include small, niche providers along with specialized freight haulers and regional trucking carriers.
How to be a Top 100 Trucking Company
To be included as one of the Top 100 Motor Carriers for 2017 is a solid indicator that these companies have excelled in the trucking industry. Whether this is in terms of profit and revenue or truck driver recruitment and retention, each company is worth a look when hunting for the best trucking jobs in the US. We are highlighting 29 of these trucking companies to give you an idea of what they offer.
- Duie Pyle hires truck drivers for LTL and truckload freight as well as custom dedicated loads. This trucking company provides trucking services in the Northeast.
- ABF Freight is an LTL trucking carrier that provides trucking jobs throughout the US. The carrier is affiliated with ArcBest.
- Averitt Express is a Tennessee trucking company offering LTL freight loads throughout the Southeast region.
- Bennett International Group is a Georgia trucking company that hires truckers for flatbed jobs, step deck hauling, heavy hauling, and specialized freight loads.
- R. England is a nationwide trucking company that provides truck driver training at CR England Premier Truck Driving Schools. The company is the biggest reefer carrier, and they are hiring truckers for refrigerated hauling.
- Celadon Trucking is based in Indianapolis and provides truckload shipping services across the country. This is one of the 10 biggest truckload carriers in the US.
- Crete Carrier Corporation is a privately-owned trucking company. Crete Carrier hires truckers including OTR drivers, military vet truckers, owner operators, and dedicated truck drivers.
- CRST International is a conglomerate of trucking operations. This group includes CRST Dedicated, Malone, CRST Expedited, Pegasus, Gardner, and other trucking carriers.
- Dayton Freight Lines is a union-free LTL trucking company that is privately held. The company is headquartered in Ohio and serves LTL shippers in the Northeast in 11 states.
- Epes Transport System is a North Carolina trucking company that hires truckers for hauling full truckload dry van hauls.
- Frozen Food Express in Texas offers LTL trucking jobs for drivers hauling throughout the US. The company hires truck drivers for specialized freight loads, express delivery, and reefer hauling jobs.
- Groendyke Transport is a bulk transport company hiring tank truck drivers. Based in Oklahoma, trucking jobs with this carrier come with paid truck driver training.
- Heartland Express provides trucking jobs for drivers hauling coast to coast. These trucking jobs include long-haul truckload jobs and regional truckload jobs as well as team truck driving jobs and dedicated operations.
- KLLM Transport Services of Mississippi offers regional and long-haul freight loads as well as dedicated trucking jobs.
- Lily Transportation Corp. is a dedicated truck driving company for contracted customers. This company is equally focused on hiring military veterans who have military training and experience as a truck driver but need help transitioning to a civilian career.
- Marten Transport is a refrigerated hauling trucking company based out of Wisconsin. At Marten Transport, drivers need to be Class A CDL holders in order to apply for trucking jobs.
- Mercer Transportation hires owner operators in Ohio as well as military truck drivers.
- New Penn is a trucking company specializing in LTL freight that includes next day and guaranteed freight.
- Nu-Way Transportation Services of Illinois hires company drivers and provides a wealth of trucking benefits. These include a company matched 401(k) retirement plan, health insurance, rider program, flexible spending account, and uniform program.
- Old Dominion Freight Line is a regional trucking company offering LTL trucking loads. The carrier was founded in 1934 making it one of the oldest trucking companies still in existence.
- PITT OHIO provides truckload and less-than-truckload trucking jobs in the Midwest. The company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Pride Transport is a Salt Lake City trucking company providing trucking jobs as a refrigerated hauler. The carrier offers paid truck driver orientation for all new truck drivers.
- Reddaway Trucking is located in the Pacific Northwest out of Oregon. It is a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc.
- Saddle Creek Transportation offers full range trucking jobs including flatbed hauls, intermodal trucking jobs, LTL trucking, truckload freight, reefer trucking jobs, bulk tanker hauls, rail, and air transportation.
- Standard Forwarding is an affiliate of DHL Freight and provides LTL parcel freight loads out of Illinois.
- US Xpress Enterprises is the second biggest privately held trucking company in the US. US Xpress features a well-rounded military vet trucker hiring program as well as trucking school tuition reimbursement, healthcare services, and full medical benefits.
- USA Truck provides full truckload trucking jobs in North America. The company hires Class A CDL truck drivers to haul freight.
- Ward Transport & Logistics Corp. specializes in LTL freight and is based out of Pennsylvania.
- XPO Logistics is one of the 10 biggest trucking companies in the US. This carrier handles local LTL driving jobs, LTL military trucker jobs, intermodal drayage, expedited freight, last mile trucking routes, and OTR trucking jobs.
Choosing one of these top picks for trucking companies to drive for in the US will set you on a path to success. Start applying for trucking jobs today and haul for the best in the business!
More like this:
Tuesday, Dec 26 2017Truck drivers who are interested in becoming an owner operator have a few routes to take. You can purchase a big rig outright, but this requires either a hefty down payment or a bank loan with monthly payments as large as a mortgage. Another option is to lease a truck ... read more
Tuesday, Dec 5 2017When you haul hazardous materials for a trucking company, you put the utmost value on safety. From pickup to delivery, your attention to safety is the most important aspect of ensuring you have a successful run. Trucking companies that haul hazmat loads are equally responsible for providing truck drivers with ... read more
Tuesday, Nov 14 2017Choosing a trucking school is a major step in the right direction for your truck driving career. Some schools are sponsored by trucking companies, which saves you thousands of dollars. Plus, once you graduate from these truck driver training programs, you have your foot in the door of the sponsoring ... read more